Tri-State Office Center is Going Green
Tri-State Office Center has accepted the LEED challenge. We have obtained LEED Silver certification for 25 & 75 Tri-State with future plans to certify the whole campus.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water efficiency, energy & atmosphere, sustainable materials & resources, and indoor environmental quality.
Learn ways you can Go Green.
Sustainable Site Development
- Protect and restore natural habitats
- Implement LEED-certified landscape plans
- Reduce stormwater and runoff
- Encourage reduction of potable water
- Implement low water fixtures when possible
- Rain sensors added to irrigation system
Energy & Atmosphere
- Conduct energy audits of each building
- Maximize use and efficiency of energy management systems
- Pursue Energy Star Certification
Sustainable Materials & Resources
- Implement recycling program and divert garbage from waste stream
- Sustainable purchasing policies
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Implement green cleaning
- Conduct atmosphere and cleaning audits
- Optimize occupant comfort
25 & 75 Tri-State